OKay, since this is a public forum thing, and I like the idea of actually discussing chapters, I'm cgoing to reply to the comments, too. Not that anyonew has to read this, or anything ;)

DarkSpiral wrote: > > Comments: Lath chapters are so violent because you have a deep-seated urge > to show of his immortality?

Not really. Much of the violence in past chapters hasn't been directed towards him. It did start rather early in the chapter series (not that it is very long, mind), and I couldn't tell you why, exactly. The second part of this chapter was originally wrutten as part of something else, and I suppose that it *was* actually meant to show that he was immortal... but the real reason for it in *this* chapter is basically to show what's been happening to him while the Muians have basically free reign in Toren and to set up motivations and such for future plots. Do you find it excessive? > > Plotting: Plots are good. Plots are fun.

Was that an offer? It's kind of a general statement. ;)

> Now. Your chapter. You seem to be building to some sort of action from > Melwick. That's good. Bert might a despicable little sell-out, but Mel's > whining is getting on my nerves :)

Thanks. And you'll have to ait and see. This isn't the first time I've used Lath's brothers, but it is the first time I've really let either of them stand on their own, and I was pretty happy with the characterization.

> You also seem to be building to a reaction with Lath. Gore is all well and > good, and the thriller-style you ahve going right now as his immortality is > tested over and over again (and again!) is cool, but I feel that it would > grow old fairly quickly.

Well,if I feel the need to continue it, I'll have to think of interesting ways to keep it fresh ;) (see above) I find though that gore and violence and a nasty way of sneaking into just about all the Lathendar chapters in one way or another, though, so I'm sure that they are elements that will never be completely eliminated...

> Hmm. That's all I can think of write now :) > Well, thanks for that, then :D

-Heather

-- Well I lived with a child of snow when I was a soldier, and I fought every man for her until the nights grew colder.

She used to wear her hair like you except when she was sleeping, and then she'd weave it on a loom of smoke and gold and breathing.

-Leonard Cohen, "Winter Lady"